Vacancy available: Lyon
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
Your job will be to act as a consulting engineer in the field of continuous improvement.
You will be directly embedded within our industrial customers’ teams, with the support of Davidson’s Consulting/Lean unit. You’ll need to interact with all company departments (production, logistics, after-sales, warehouse, etc.) to identify areas for improvement, suggest remedial measures and support our customer in their implementation
Several steps will be required for the successful completion of these projects:
- Implement and track process performance indicators
- Deploy continuous improvement methods to streamline the processes as a whole
- Oversee, coordinate and monitor improvement and troubleshooting projects
- Manage information and communication
- Consolidate the teams using the solutions chosen to support this approach
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You have a higher education degree in engineering, or an equivalent level, and you have strong knowledge of one or more operational excellence methods (Lean, Six Sigma, 5D, 8D, Hoshin, SMED, Kaizen)
- You are proficient in production and equipment processes, and fully understand project management and troubleshooting methodologies
- You’re driven by a desire for constant improvement
- You’re curious, dynamic, concise, analytical… and amazing
- You’re able to blend into a team, thanks to your interpersonal skills
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry