Vacancy available: Boulogne-BillancourtLilleToulouseGrenobleLyonStrasbourgSaint-HerblainRennesAix-en-ProvencePierrelatte
I discover the profile of recruiters
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 6 countries and 2 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality (Women / Men but not only).
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
You will be involved in large-scale projects run by Davidson for its customers in the energy sector (Oil & Gas, LNG, Nuclear, etc.), working as a contract supervisor or account manager on projects to revamp installations, or on new-build projects.
Your responsibilities will be as varied as:
- Overseeing technical relations with suppliers (they won’t all give you an easy ride)
- Organising oversight of research work
- Processing discrepancies and exemptions
- Managing relations with other trades
- Overseeing the cross-functional management of engineering activities, under delegation from the technical projects department (who will be relying on you)
- Maintaining relations with project managers
- Ensuring that deadlines and contractual technical requirements are met by suppliers of package contracts or mechanical equipment, such as pressure equipment or pumps
- Lastly, in conjunction with the purchasing department, you will be required to negotiate any amendments or claims
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Mission: Impossible is your favourite film
- You’re not afraid of pressure (you’ll be dealing with some of the world’s largest industrial projects)
- You’d like to dabble in project management without leaving behind your technical work
- You speak English
- Well then, why don’t you apply? He who hesitates is lost
- Team player
- Technical curiosity
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry