Vacancy available: Boulogne-Billancourt
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 6 countries and 2 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality (Women / Men but not only).
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
As we expand our business activities, we are looking for a railway signalling engineer to join our teams. Signalling is key to ensuring the safety and smooth running of rail transport systems. As a railway signalling engineer, your role will be to work on one of our standard rail, high-speed, metro or tramway line projects.
You will be responsible for issues as diverse as:
- Checking the implementation studies for ground signalling systems (trackside functional modules, interlockings, etc.)
- Managing system configurations throughout the study process
- Liaising with the project customer to handle their technical requests
- Coordinating research activities with the various stakeholders (project team, work analysis technicians and subcontractors)
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Engineering degree or Masters
- Maybe you’ve only had initial experience in this field? No worries; we’re hiring at all seniority levels
- Technical plans and blueprints are your daily bread and butter. Your knowledge covers next-generation automated systems (ERTMS, CBTC)
- You’re a natural diplomat, and you’ll integrate easily into a project team that works under considerable scheduling constraints
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry