When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 6 countries and 2 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality (Women / Men but not only).
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
“Quality is not an act, it is a habit.” As a Quality Assurance engineer, you’ll be working on projects run by Davidson for its Life Sciences customers, ensuring that pharmaceutical standards are correctly implemented. Your responsibilities will be as varied as:
- Assisting in the development of the documentary process, in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Implementing processes and drafting the associated SOPs
- Ensuring that managerial training is properly monitored and managed, and coordinating activities related to non-conformities and CAPAs in the various departments
- Using continuous improvement processes to manage quality activities
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You’ll have a postgraduate degree and be conversant with the quality regulations and guidelines of the pharmaceutical industry (GMPs/BPF, France’s ANSM agency, the FDA, etc.)
- You’re a keen troubleshooter
- You speak English
- Team player
- Thorough, and a stickler for the rules
- Strong writing skills
Description of the segment's business
Life sciences sector
Davidson takes care of customers who help us take care of our health!
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures (molecules, robots, artificial hearts) to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (telemedicine, manufacturing 4.0, digitised healthcare journey), improving quality and reducing risks, Davidson consultants play a central role in shifts in the life sciences sector.
Our business lines:
- Expertise and support in operational excellence
- Project management
- Quality assurance and validation
The fields we work in:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Medical devices