Vacancy available: Lille
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
As a deployment project manager for all the major network deployment projects which Davidson handles for its customers (operators, equipment suppliers and prime contractors), you’ll be working as a project manger on varied equipment: 4G/5G radio, transmission lines, network backbones.
To fully ensure the success of your project, you will have a wide scope of activities:
- Analysing needs
- Choosing scenarios in order to select the solution that offers the best technical/financial compromise
- Assessing and approving quotes
- Complying with regulations, working in close partnership with security managers
- Scheduling activities and maintaining reliability in the overall schedule
- Monitoring subcontractors and coordinating internal teams
- Holding follow-up meetings
- Producing reports for management
- Managing risks and organising the action plan that will minimise them
- Financial monitoring
- Communicating with all stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly
- Leveraging the experience gained and lessons learned
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to organise and streamline processes
- Excel and VBA
- English language
- Team player
- Copes well with stress
Description of the segment's business
Telecommunications are a key part of Davidson’s history. From equipment suppliers to operators and users, since the company’s inception we’ve been working with those who devise, roll out and run fixed and mobile communications networks all around the globe. Founded during the 3G period, Davidson saw the first rollouts of 4G/LTE, convergence via IMS, the emergence of the Internet of Things, the popularisation of fibre optics, the introduction of SDNs, etc.
Davidson is now one of the leading telecoms consulting providers in France and Europe, supported by its experts and project managers drawing on a wealth of internal resources: a training institute (5G, IoT, PMP, FTTx, virtualisation, etc.), rooms dedicated to ideation and meetups (Singular), an R&D department (leading multiple partnerships and financing arrangements, including INRIA, Telecom SudParis, ESEO/ENSTA Bretagne and Eurecom) and a unit for monitoring normalization/standardization (responsible for the publication of “5G networks”, éditions Eyrolles).
This enables us to work on assessment assignments and project management in technical assistance, service centres and packages with an outcome obligation.
Examples of assignments:
- Supporting customers with IoT & 5G trials
- Technical due diligence
- Auditing and organizing a deployment programme
- Radio/core/service platform bid management
- Protocol architecture
- Network equipment and smartphone validation
- Network sizing
- Steering of HW/SW deployment projects
- Detailed engineering and configuration
- Radio QoS, IP QoS, QoE, application metro-logy
- The next project we’ll be working on together…