Vacancy available: Lille
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 6 countries and 2 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality (Women / Men but not only).
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
Do you have the soul of a negotiator? Are you a consistently efficient, careful buyer? If so, the role of buyer is perfect for you!
Obviously, we aren’t talking about buying trainers online, but playing a crucial and decisive role in a company’s strategy and longevity.
Our projects will give you the opportunity to operate in various different purchasing categories/families/projects: equipment, intellectual services, works contracts…
If you still don’t get our drift: piping, scaffolding, thermal insulation, civil engineering, metal frameworks, electrical works, sub-contracting… as well as equipment such as pumps (no, we still don’t mean shoes), valves, exchangers, taps, pipework, etc.
- Ensure that Purchasing is involved and represented in projects at the earliest opportunity, and play an active role in creating specifications with the project teams
- Seek out and identify new suppliers able to satisfy the various specifications
- Draw up and launch invitations to tender
- Conduct comparative studies and audits to identify suppliers with whom long-term partnerships could be forged
- Liaise between suppliers and project teams, ensuring that the best technical solution is chosen at the best price
- Conduct negotiations to ensure that the required product characteristics, prices/deadlines and quality levels are achieved
- Guide teams through all project milestones involving suppliers
- Produce contracts / place orders on the customer’s ERP
- Check expediting
- Manage complaints / additional work
- Report regularly on these tasks to the purchasing manager and project managers
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Almost Shakespearean levels of English
- Strong Office suite skills (and even VBA)
- An ERP (SAP or something less labyrinthine)
- Good listener
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry