When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
We are surrounded by innovative devices that are becoming smarter, more independent and more communicative every day. And in some cases, Davidson may even have had a little something to do with it! Whether it involves flying a plane, making a car self-driving, geolocating a suitcase in an airport or linking a robot to the cloud, our Embedded Software engineers are helping to make the machine community smarter!
If you used to take your parents’ radio apart, and now program your Raspberry Pi to put the coffee on when the pressure sensor detects a foot in your slippers, then keep reading!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting system or software specifications
- Outlining requirements
- Participating in architecture testing
- Interacting with the various business units involved in developing an embedded system (Electronics, Mechanic Systems, Sensors, PC or Mobile Applications, etc.)
- Overseeing development work and the teams involved to ensure overall project progress in terms of scheduling, workload, costs, risk management, progress on deliverables, etc.
- Poking around through technical issues to resolve sticking points / challenge stakeholder responses and make faster progress towards the solution
- Handling the communication and reporting process with the customer and the stakeholders involved in the project
- Providing expertise and feedback to the Dav community (internal projects, support, training, etc.)
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You will have a postgraduate degree and some initial successful experience in project management
- A good level of English (but you don’t need to be Shakespeare)
- Good writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- Leadership skills
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry