Vacancy available: Lyon
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
Operators need to offer the best radio coverage to their customers; this is one of the most important and strategic performance indicators for the mobile network, because it’s the one users notice first (“there’s no signal!”).
Davidson boasts nearly 15 years of experience assisting its operator customers in researching, designing and implementing the best possible radio mapping systems.
More recently, we have also invested heavily in refarming projects, which reallocate 2G/3G frequency bands for 4G use, among other objectives.
As a member of the mobile radio engineering and planning unit, you will be involved throughout the cluster planning and coverage process, whether you’re working on ARCEP campaigns, experimental areas (POCs, trials, field tests), or establishing new sites or the Vie des Réseaux (VDR) community portal:
- Assessment of measures related to existing coverage
- Collection of radio data from OMCs
- Establishment of engineering rules and proposals for new dimensioning plans (simulations)
- Management of high-risk sites and derelict sites
- Production of mapping reference guides (ArcGIS)
- Production of frequency and cellular plans
- Performance validation following an action such as a tilt plan, frequency plan, neighbour plan, etc.
- Production of quality analysis materials for voice/data coverage maps
- Analysis of KPIs for radio capacity (UE throughput, Cell throughput, Max throughput, etc.), radio conditions (CQI, PRB utilisation, 16/64QAM modulation, RSSI, etc.) and traffic (Traffic Volume, Carrier Aggregation, etc.).
- Reports and recommendations
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Knowledge of radio propagation models (and their calibration)
- Full familiarity with the link budget
- Indoor and/or outdoor planning tools: Atoll, Asset, Planet, iBwave, etc.
- 2G/3G/4G radio standard
- Familiarity with antenna networks
- Takes the initiative
- English language
Description of the segment's business
Telecommunications are a key part of Davidson’s history. From equipment suppliers to operators and users, since the company’s inception we’ve been working with those who devise, roll out and run fixed and mobile communications networks all around the globe. Founded during the 3G period, Davidson saw the first rollouts of 4G/LTE, convergence via IMS, the emergence of the Internet of Things, the popularisation of fibre optics, the introduction of SDNs, etc.
Davidson is now one of the leading telecoms consulting providers in France and Europe, supported by its experts and project managers drawing on a wealth of internal resources: a training institute (5G, IoT, PMP, FTTx, virtualisation, etc.), rooms dedicated to ideation and meetups (Singular), an R&D department (leading multiple partnerships and financing arrangements, including INRIA, Telecom SudParis, ESEO/ENSTA Bretagne and Eurecom) and a unit for monitoring normalization/standardization (responsible for the publication of “5G networks”, éditions Eyrolles).
This enables us to work on assessment assignments and project management in technical assistance, service centres and packages with an outcome obligation.
Examples of assignments:
- Supporting customers with IoT & 5G trials
- Technical due diligence
- Auditing and organizing a deployment programme
- Radio/core/service platform bid management
- Protocol architecture
- Network equipment and smartphone validation
- Network sizing
- Steering of HW/SW deployment projects
- Detailed engineering and configuration
- Radio QoS, IP QoS, QoE, application metro-logy
- The next project we’ll be working on together…