Vacancy available: Lyon
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
There are as many PMO assignments as there are companies (or company departments). At Davidson, the PMO Manager is the Project Manager’s key partner, providing them with methodological support to ensure control over budgets and deadlines.
Do you like challenges? Already had some experience in the industry?
Are you looking to make your own contribution and turn this opportunity into a genuinely enriching adventure? Well, we’ve got the job for you!
We operate in a variety of industries (automotive, rail, aeronautics, pharmaceutical, space and even defence), giving you a wide range of experiences and the opportunity to advance more quickly than you would in a deskbound role.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Monitoring the project portfolio and ensuring that we deliver on the commitments we make
- Scheduling projects and ensuring progress
- Helping to organise and monitor project committees and steering committees
- Running constructive meetings
- Predicting and identifying risks (financial, human and technical)
- Alerting project teams to implement corrective actions
- Creating and monitoring a set of tracking and performance indicators to streamline project tracking
- Producing and regularly circulating activity reports to project teams and Management
- Providing consultancy and support for project managers
- Actively participating in the development of methodologies and a full-fledged continuous improvement process
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You have a postgraduate degree (Masters or general engineering qualification), and a minimum of two years’ experience in project coordination
- You are proactive, with excellent communication skills
- Excel/PowerPoint proficiency is required, and if you have PMP certification, that’s a bonus
- You’re not afraid of working alongside other professions, and scheduling is one of your strengths
- You can speak English, and can write it to a high level
- Risk management is of critical importance to you in successfully completing projects. In addition to your experience, we’re looking for someone with good common sense, whose values are a good fit for ours
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry