Vacancy available: Lyon
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
Did you love Meccano and other construction toys when you were young? Well, you’re going to like this!
Davidson has established itself as a first-tier partner to major French and international industrial players for their major construction or testing projects. We have surrounded ourselves with experienced staff members (yes, we’re looking at you!) whose expertise enables us to provide general project management support to the energy, petrochemicals, food and water industries.
We’d be offering you the following responsibilities:
- Arranging for work to be carried out by specialist suppliers or contractors
- Ensuring compliance with site procedures
- Assisting contractors with interpreting the prime contractor’s plans
- Ensuring that the quality and control commitments made by contractors are adhered to
- Monitoring compliance with quality criteria, and being involved in handling non-conformities
- Assisting and participating in clearing hold points and witness points, as specified in the LOMCs
- Ensuring that documentation related to the work is correctly completed
- Monitoring the day-to-day verification sheets produced by the contractor in accordance with the monitoring schedule specified by the contract
- Ensuring that the results of verifications conducted by the contractor are valid
- Ensuring that all laws and regulatory provisions regarding health, safety and the environment are adhered to
- Organising and coordinating contractors on the project
- Ensuring that safety provisions are complied with during the execution of the works
- Transferring facilities to testing
- Participating in the preparation of documents required for testing a given facility
- Participating in interpreting tests for a facility or building
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Postgraduate degree
- Proficiency in one of the following technical specialities: chemical engineering, electricity, ventilation, mechanical systems, distributed control / automation systems
- You’ll also need French language skills so that you can produce deliverables such as test documents, general test programmes, acceptance tests, comment sheets, interpretations and recommendations for technical solutions
- Standards such as RCC (M, E or X), NFC, the DESP, Eurocodes, DESP, CODAP and CODETI
- A love for being “on the ground”, in proximity to the equipment and operators
- A team spirit and a capacity for dialogue
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry