Vacancy available: Lille
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
More than ever, a challenge…
Davidson has been working for 10 years on issues and topics related to safety, security and the environment: three topics that are closely related within the nuclear industry. Our offering was initially developed around our technical expertise in modelling and characterising chemical products from the fuel cycle, before moving towards daily support for the largest nuclear sites in France and abroad, such as EPRs in Finland and England; as well as Orano plants in the United States and China.
We work with major customers (and some design offices) during the engineering phase, and are also involved in the operational phase. In the first case, we provide our technical expertise and skills to ensure that we take into account all aspects associated with the safety of operations and facilities from the earliest phases of the project. In the second case, we assist our customers with managing any safety issues that arise during the lifespan of the facilities.
The major assignments carried out by Davidson staff (and maybe you in the near future?) include:
- Preparing, updating and modifying safety reports for RS (specific) and RGE (large-scale) reference frameworks
- Producing safety analyses of nuclear and non-nuclear risks (internal and external) for design or construction studies
- Producing justifications for the safety measures adopted and their scale
- Producing procedures and operating methods related to the safety reference framework
- Specifying and monitoring safety/security requirements
- Safety reviews
- Responding to authorities (follow-up letters, correspondence, significant event reports, etc.)
- Preparing and participating in inspections performed by the French Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN)
- Drafting, monitoring and providing expert advice regarding modifications to facilities (Article 26, FEM/DAM, identification of domino effects, etc.)
- Producing operating permit request documents (DDAEs), construction permit request documents (DACs), participating in facility commissioning
- Preparing and participating in local or national crisis exercises
- Creating, reviewing and training people to use safety procedures and forms
- Managing regulatory compliance and monitoring
(must be familiar with the EVR 2 solution)
- Modelling expertise. Solutions: PHAST, ADMS, FDS, SERES, MCNP, etc
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Engineering degree
- Initial professional experience or immersion in this environment
- Enjoy “getting your hands dirty”
- Strong relationship and communication skills
Description of the segment's business
Davidson works in partnership with its customers on projects geared towards an advanced, connected and environmentally-friendly future.
From participating in developing innovative products and procedures to incorporating digital and connectivity into the core of solutions (manufacturing 4.0), limiting risks and fostering sustainable development, Davidson’s consultants play a central role in shifts in industrial sectors.
We’re active in the manufacturing industry, energy conversion, transport and agribusiness, and support our customers at each stage in the life cycle of a project or business: from inception through to final delivery. To achieve this, our operations combine functional responsibilities and technological support for our customers’ organisations
Our business lines:
- Research and development, studies and engineering
- Industrial organisation, operational performance and excellence
- Quality, regulatory compliance and industrial risks
- Supply chain management
- Digital & Digital Transformation
The fields we work in:
- Special machines
- Heavy industry