Vacancy available: Bertrange
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profil
You will be involved in Data projects run by Davidson for its customers in varied sectors (Gaming, Wealth, Telecoms, Finance, etc.), working on the deployment of our customers’ “data” strategies.
For this, you will need to:
- Participate in defining our customers’ “vision” for developing their data strategies
- Define Master Data
- Implement governance methods: contribute to mapping, define roles, usage and access rules, data security
- Draft data management procedures
- Identify and implement data exploitation initiatives for existing and future use cases
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing data (GDPR, etc.)
- Monitor data, manage queries, check consistency
- Produce associated reports
- Train users to exploit Data Management
- Steer plans for improving how the Data is processed: suggestions for architectures, Big Data toolsets and procedures
- Suggest innovations (for example, using Machine Learning to improve data management)
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You will have a postgraduate degree and some initial successful experience in data management. And at least 5 years’ professional experience (and that’s just a bare minimum, OK?)
- SQL and NoSQL skills, obviously
- And if possible: Machine Learning and BI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- English language
Description of the segment's business
Today, data is a strategic asset that is central to the digital transformation of businesses and acts as the bedrock for creating multiple new services. Davidson’s unique data expertise enables it to deliver an end-to-end service for its customers, whether they’re data-driven or are “simply” looking to get the most out of their data.
Our business lines:
- Support for implementing a data strategy
- Big data architecture
- Data visualisation
- Data science
Our technical environment:
- Infrastructures & Storage: Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), Cloudera,
- MapReduce, Hortonworks, mongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra, Splunk, Redis, CouchDB
- Data-processing: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Logstach, Elasticsearch, Hive, Storm, Flink
- Analytics: R, Python, SPSS&SAS, TensorFlow, Sickit learn
- Dataviz: grafana, dataiku, kibana, Tableau, Qlik, JS proprietary tool
- DevOps & containers: Docker, puppet, Jenkins, Sonar, Openshift, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Fields: machine learning, deep learning