When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profil
You’ll be working in Davidson’s Infrastructure Division. The purpose of this team is to build, operate and maintain virtualised system architectures for internal purposes or to serve the needs of our customers (from IoT startups to major listed companies).
As an expert, your main duties will be to:
- Participate in infrastructure projects: specifications, deployment, configuration
- Handle assignments requiring high levels of expertise
- Ensure continuity of service
- Troubleshoot and manage efforts to resolve complex incidents
- Participate in the creation of technical documentation
- Audit and proactively advocate for infrastructure improvements
- Share your knowledge via training courses and conferences
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Versatile skills in engineering and systems administration
- Full proficiency with one or more virtualisation solutions: VMware, Openshift, etc.
- English language
- Team player
- Very fast learner
Description of the segment's business
Cloud computing and trade virtualization
The most significant changes in the digital world over the last ten years obviously include the radical transformation of infrastructures. Bare-metal servers and locally hosted applications have made way for VMs, hypervisors, containers and SaaS deployed on external/internal, public or hybrid private cloud architectures. This has brought about a major change in how IT projects and resources are approached in businesses.
Davidson supports all of its customers with:
- Technological expertise (VMware, Docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Cloud migration projects (applications and data)