Vacancy available: PierrelatteBoulogne-BillancourtToulouseLyonSaint-HerblainAix-en-ProvenceRennesLille
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 6 countries and 2 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality (Women / Men but not only).
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profil
It’s hard to sum up what a Smart Industries Business Manager does at Dav, but in general, it’s all about:
- Participating in the creation of a team of fully autonomous consultants, with a coach focused on supporting you (manager or associate director)
- Winning over potential customers or developing existing ones, encouraging them to partner with Davidson
- Putting together functional and technical proposals, taking part in RFIs/RFQs to win new business
- Growing your existing customer portfolio and building loyalty (new customers and existing partners)
- Actively participating in the recruitment of future Davidson staff (interviews, meet-ups, community sessions, events, etc.)
- Managing your consultants’ careers with “in-house” tools
- Taking part in Davidson’s cross-functional projects
- Monitoring developments in the sector, identifying disruptive factors
- Seeking to take on medium-term responsibilities by working on complex offerings (packages and service centres), then assuming responsibility for a team of business engineers
- Developing a first-rate managerial attitude
- Being able to work in a team and foster mutual support between business engineers
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- You will have a postgraduate degree and have graduated from an engineering or business school
- Initial experience in the industrial sector
- Persuasive skills
Description of the segment's business
Business Management jobs
After consultants and the administration and finance division, Davidson’s third-largest contingent is made up of business managers.
In addition to the role detailed below, it’s important we emphasise three key elements you need to bear in mind before applying!
- Managers need to embody the stances – in this case managerial – adopted by the Davidson community and described in the Da Vidson Code 4. We hope you enjoy reading !
- They play a pivotal role in the company’s horizontal organisation, being involved in the “triads” that continually challenge the stances, processes and tools in place at Davidson based on tribal management principles: creative freedom, “democratic” decisions, non-reporting, etc.
- They need to strive to become the cause of the effect they want to produce (we’ll let you meditate on this… or continue reading…)