Vacancy available: Boulogne-Billancourt
When you come to work at Davidson, you won’t just be joining a group of 3,000 consultants in 8 countries and 3 continents, you’ll be joining “the” company named by its employees as Great Place To Work France and Europe for four years, as well as the largest B Corp in France.
“B Corps” form a community of companies that have decided that, rather than being the best in the world, they’ll be the best *for* the world.
Our growth is based on strong principles:
Deep respect for all our stakeholders: consultants, customers and suppliers, because although work can’t “buy happiness”, it can “cause unhappiness”. We’re therefore committed to listening, acting honestly and promoting equality
A minimum environmental footprint and a maximum societal footprint. This is why, aside from the assignments you’ll be working on, you’ll also have the chance to contribute to the projects Davidson supports: international solidarity assignments (with Planète Urgence), supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds (with Article 1) and investing in start-ups that develop innovative solutions.
Adhocratic management based on implementing “horizontal company” and “tribal management” principles.
One important point about the latter: well-being at work is a luxury you need to have as a “solid” company. For the Davidson teams, this means marrying initiative, commitment and professionalism, as “without work, talent is just a dirty habit”. It drives us to recruit components that are better than we are. In a classic hierarchical organisation, it can be beneficial to have an army of people who work for you. In an adhocracy, that doesn’t work.
Mission / Profile
Working under the Head of Management Control (CDG), you’ll be taking on the role of management controller for our subsidiaries in France and abroad. You’ll be collecting, processing and interpreting all of the company’s accounting and corporate data in order to devise and produce meaningful reports that (genuinely) facilitate decision-making. As the “Swiss Army Knife” of the accounting and finance department, you’ll be highly familiar with the processes of the other departments, and will play a central role in relation to these tools, in association with the Digital Department. More specifically, your duties will primarily be to:
- Produce and analyse monthly operational dashboards for management and shareholders
- Produce operating statements in order to calculate variable data for managers
- Assist in establishing and delivering an HR dashboard in collaboration with the Personnel Management department
- Produce quarterly accounting statements in collaboration with the Accounting department
- Check the consistency of the various tables and other information provided by the other departments in the course of producing the dashboards
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses at the request of General Management
Skills (pre-existing or to be acquired)
- Master’s degree in finance / accounting / management
- 2 years’ experience, ideally at a consulting firm or digital services company
- Excel (VBA is a plus)
- Familiarity with Tableau is an advantage
- Analytical mind
- Ability to summarise and produce clear reasoning
Description of the segment's business
Working in Davidson’s Administration and Finance Division means being an integral part of the company’s life cycle. You’ll be part of a calm working environment that values employee well-being and will demonstrate a keen talent for service, high standards and unfailing pragmatism.
Being an admin at Davidson means:
- You absolutely need to have a “business partner” mindset, regardless of which department you’re with
- You need to be intellectually mobile, capable of surprising and making suggestions, and (very) familiar with using digital tools, as Davidson would rather have something good home-made than something bad purchased/outsourced and has therefore developed proprietary tools. Naturally, if you’re capable of making suggestions, you also need to be able to accept that they might not be taken up
- You have to accept there’s a balance between creative and interesting tasks, and tasks that don’t really fit into that category. But fear not: a big part of the creative and interesting ones involves suggesting solutions that cut down on the less interesting tasks
- You need to be skilled in your field, which is why the recruitment process includes an assessment of technical and practical knowledge
- Working at the heart of a complex system in collaboration with all of the departments inside and outside the administration and finance division. You therefore need to be open, attentive and have a positive character